By now the Holidays are over for most of us, gifts have been put to use or used up, etc., and heading into a new year full of opportunities. This is a perfect time to look forward and set your targets for this year, and a perfect time to plan out your maintenance of your home, building or strata.
Maybe you had much work done on your real estate lately, maybe there are things to do but they seem to be so far into the future right now. It’s alright, planning will not hurt as a matter of fact it is crucial for your continued well being. Our goal should be your goal too: to retain or increase the value of your real estate, which we accomplish through professional and high quality maintenance services.
Look at those resolutions that people make at New Years, most of which are probably broken by now – if not, you’re in the minority and well done to you, or maybe you set too little goals.
On New Year’s Eve we celebrated last year’s great wins but now let’s assess also what you accomplished as a way to determine what more needs to be done. Here’s how to start the year off with BIG thinking.
Instead of telling you what goals to set let’s go over some key questions to ask when setting big goals. And on big goals I mean goals that when spoken to others provoke judgment. “You’re insane.” “You’re never going to do that.” “Why don’t you think realistically?” DO NOT LISTEN! DO NOT LOWER YOUR TARGET! Instead increase activity.
Here are some big questions to get you thinking BIG! Feel free to grab a note pad, iPad, tablet or what have you and write down your answers. This exercise will get you all fired up about 2014 and all you can do.
1. Do you think you have the potential to achieve more than you are currently achieving?
2. Are you capable of more action and greater results in business and in life?
3. What are three things you would want to have if money wasn’t a problem and you can have them for free?
4. What else would you want to do for a living besides what you are doing already?
5. Who are five people to meet in 2014 who could change the direction of your life and how to plan to contact them?
6. Do you have a financial plan for your future or just a budget? It is vital that you know the difference.
7. Are there places in your life where you aren’t 100% “all in” and fully committed?
8. Are there people in your life who are holding you back with negativity and limited thinking?
9. How is your health? Are you exercising and eating well?
10. What are three things that MUST happen in 2014?
Once you start asking these questions, most likely, more will come to you and that is good. This is the thinking that inspires massive action and helps you try new things, different approaches, get in on big deals, as you see what the end result can be.
2013 was great thanks to all of you who hired us for our gutter cleaning & repair, window washing, pressure washing, roof & moss treatment, etc. services. I wish you great success in this year. And remember, maintenance is you duty, responsibility and obligation.